Categories: Landscaping Tips
| Posted: June 21, 2011
| Comments Off on Tips for Growing Gorgeous Roses for National Rose Month
When you garden around your homes for sale Opelika, AL this summer, be sure your yard is ready to be admired! June is National Rose month, and there’s not a better time to plant or prune your very own rose bushes!
Roses are a flower that do best in a lot of sunlight- make sure you choose a variety that will do best in your yard and climate, and be sure to plant your roses where they can get at least six hours of sunlight each day. It is also essential to plant your rose bush in an area with healthy soil that drains well so the roots aren’t flooded every time it rains. Be sure the area you choose for your rose plant isn’t competing with other plants and trees and the area isn’t overtaken with roots.
Once your rose bush has taken to its new home, pruning can help your rose bush stay beautiful and healthy longer. Pruning at the wrong time of year can mean you won’t see a bloom, so be sure to cut your roses at the right times. Hybrid Tea roses back in early spring and in the fall to prevent damage from storms. Climber rose varieties should be pruned every Fall and can be sculpted around your homes for sale Opelika, AL as you see fit simply by removing the new shoots and stems. Old growth roses should be pruned right after the blossoms fade or even after the hips have formed. Pruning at the right time will increase the health of your rose bush and will yield many more roses!
Categories: Special Occasions
| Posted: June 10, 2011
| Comments Off on Top 5 Dad Gadgets for Father’s Day
June 19th 2011, this year’s Father’s Day will be here yet again. If you’re still struggling with gift ideas he’ll love, not to worry. We have a lovely set of toys that would make any father proud. Take a look:
1) If your Father is in need of tools, the Kobalt Speed-Fit Tool System is a handy way to help him consolidate his tools down to one small easy-to-store set. The set comes with 14 different attachment heads that fit securely into the base of the screwdriver handle with the entire screwdriver and ratchet attachments needed for most projects or repairs around your homes for sale LaGrange, GA. This set is great to keep around the house, or even in your car in case of emergencies.
2) Help your Dad stay hip and healthy this year by getting him Wii Fit. The game will help your Dad track his weight and progress and give him access to a variety of exercises that can help him customize any kind of workout he wants. Couch potato or not, Wii Fit can get anyone moving and the rest of the family can also enjoy it, too!
3) Regardless what your Dad’s hobbies are, Solio is the perfect gift. Solio is a solar gadget charger with solar panels on three foldable fan blades. Solio comes with a USB cable and 6 other adapter tips to help your Dad stay on top of things, no matter what he likes to do. Golfing. Fishing. Camping. Gardening around your Homes for sale LaGrange, GA…(any activity that vaguely involves the sun, really) this is your gadget.
4) The Mr. Beer Premium Edition Home Microbrewery System is a great way to get your Dad experimenting with his favorite styles and recipes. Word is even the worst batch of home-brewed beer is better than any domestic beer you can buy in stores. If your Dad enjoys beer tasting, he can start brewing in a 2-1/2 gallon brew keg and have his very own beer in just 14 days! The kit comes with West Coast Pale Ale mix, and many other mixes and ingredients can be ordered along with the Microbrewery System. Bottoms up!
5) Magnogrip is another invaluable tool that’s great for any home project. A magnetic plate with a shallow bowl that straps around the wrist and can hold screws, bolts, nuts, and other odds and ends that are too important to drop or lose track of. Regardless what kind of work your Dad is doing, it helps keep every piece he needs right where he can reach.
Happy Father’s Day!
Categories: Holidays, Special Occasions
| Posted: June 7, 2011
| Comments Off on Easy Ways to Celebrate Flag Day
Sadly, unless you live in Pennsylvania, where Flag Day is an official holiday, you probably won’t have the day off. However, Summer is just the right time to get reacquainted with the outdoors and fully appreciate the full capacity of your homes for sale Montgomery, AL. Regardless of what you like to do for fun, we’ve got some tips that can help you enjoy yourself this Flag Day!
A dependable barbeque can revamp your meals and social gatherings into fun in the sun anytime you have company. Grill anything from burgers, chicken, and steaks to sea food and vegetables. Pineapple is a marvelous fruit that tastes even better with a few grill marks in it. Get imaginative and try as many recipes as you can think of- the possibilities are infinite!
If the town around your homes for sale Montgomery, AL is having a Flag Day festival, make sure to make it out and partake in the parade and festivities! If you and your family are setting off fireworks or sparklers, make sure to take proper safety precautions while having fun!
Of course, posting an American flag would be an ideal start! If you haven’t decorated your homes for sale Montgomery, AL, be sure to post a flag pole by your front door or garage. An American flag houses hundreds of years of tradition and must be treated with respect. The flag should not be left out in the rain and it should never touch the ground. When not in use, be sure to fold your flag properly and put it in a safe place. In the meantime, show your stripes and stars!