Whether or not your Holiday Guests have visited your new home in Opelika, AL before, this is a season to remember; make their stay the same! When preparing for your overnight guests imagine the comfort of home meeting the magic of a winter retreat. When they see you’ve put thought into their stay, they will feel welcomed and relaxed.
An entry greeting will set the mood for your guests.
- If you have coat hooks or cubbies at your entrance, empty one just for your guest; they’ll know right away it was no trouble making room for them!
- Add a photo of you and your guest to your regular display. It will spark memories and even conversation.
- Use an empty frame and dry erase marker to write an endearing greeting on the glass such as “we’ve missed you, Aunt Charlotte”.
Make their room a retreat.
- Crisp, clean sheets should be on the beds but if additional space is needed for sleeping guest such as air mattresses or fold out sofas, be sure those linens are prepared, folded and set aside as well. The less fuss they see you make over them the more relaxed they’ll feel.
- Dock your ipod in the room with play lists set for holiday tunes and relaxing sounds.
- Place a reading light or small lamp close to the bedside in the guest room of your new home in Opelika, AL along with empty outlets (perhaps a power strip) so they can easily charge their devices.
- Leave a basket on the bed filled with water bottles and snacks they may want to munch on during the night or early in the morning.
Turn your bath into a spa.
- Set out the towels and be sure there is plenty for everyone. If they’re staying more than one night, offer to launder them.
- Provide a tray of fresh soap and toiletries. They’ve probably brought their own but just in case, you’ll be prepared and they won’t be embarrassed they forgot. Luxury lotion and bubble bath is a plus!
- Add a touch of holiday décor; a candle, small topiary tree or vase filled with ornaments.
Plan ahead! Do not wait until the night before they arrive.
- Plan meals ahead so your guests know you have plenty of food and you’re prepared to cook for them. If you’re eating out, make reservations in advance.
- Childproof your new home in Opelika, AL ahead of time by placing breakables or dangerous items out of reach. This will make parents more comfortable and feel like less of a nuisance.
- Have a basket of tiny wrapped gifts such as chocolates or card games that you can give your guests throughout their stay just for fun!